This project is read-only.

Request: Customizable colors and look

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:04 AM

LogViewer works great, but I'd love to see the ability to configure colors and the look of a few things.

For example, we use INFO a lot in logging and its entries take too much attention in the log due to
- Background color should be white or whichever color used for log window background in the designed theme
- Border around entries is too thick and lowers readability. I might even prefer no borders?

Yes, I could (and maybe will) change the code and compile my own look, but I am guessing more people would like to customize the look to their needs as well. It is not necessary to write an advanced, configurable theme, but I for one would like to see the following values configurable in an XML file or similar:
- Border width and color
- Color theme per logging level => Background, foreground, icon

For example:

<Theme>
<DefaultEntryTheme BorderWidth="1" Background="Transparent" Foreground="Black" />
<LevelEntryTheme Level="INFO" Foreground="Blue" Icon="Icons/info_icon.png" />
<LevelEntryTheme Level="WARN" Background="Yellow" Foreground="Black" Icon="Icons/warn_icon.png" />
<LevelEntryTheme Level="ERROR" Background="Red" Foreground="White" Icon="Icons/error_icon.png" />
</Theme>

Jan 28, 2011 at 4:33 PM

Application theming is currently using WPF.Themes, but the grid lines can be customized. This is a possible enhancement that will imply to create a parameters page. This is not ont top of the list, but with more contributors to this project I think this can be done.